Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pop.

I've been buying time, little bits. Little injections, barely a few milliliters. Every time, it hurts like hell. Makes me wonder if this is the best idea.

But I have no choice. Not anymore. If I die, then I die. I've got my will ready, the ducks have their orders. They'll do me proud, like always. But there's still the chance... The chance that it'll fix things. That it'll fix me. I'm tired of being a freak. I'm tired of being afraid of myself, of what this island is turning me into.

I'll admit it, since no one else is going to see this. I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what's going to happen if I do this. ...But I'm even more afraid of what's going to happen if I don't. If I let it happen. If I don't escape. I'm running out of air. The bubble's kept me in here for far too long. I've been breathing my own air for a long time now.

I'm ready for some fresh air. I'm ready to see the world outside the bubble. And I'm not going to let my fear, or anything else, for that matter, stop me from popping the bubble.

I didn't have you for very long, but... you served me well. I'd bring you with me, but... you'd probably just get in the way. You understand, right? Why I'm leaving you? I mean, I told you a few things, but... do you really understand?

...It's okay. It's okay if you don't. It doesn't change anything. I still appreciate what you've done. I appreciate you being there for me... even if it was only for a little while. Who knows? We may see each other again. It's possible, isn't it?

...They're about done setting up the perimeter. Time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment